Your privacy is important to us at Cabins and Castles. We will only use your personal information to administer your account, provide the Services, and to keep you informed about our services. The protection, confidentiality and integrity of your personal data are our prime concerns.
This privacy notice explains what personal information we collect from you and how we use this information.
What personal data do we collect?
We need certain personal information to be able to provide the Services and to keep you informed of our products and services. You provide some of this data directly, for instance when you sign up with us as a Host. Additionally, we receive some of your personal data indirectly through your devices, by recording how you interact with our services (e.g. through cookies), which allows us to personalize and improve our service.
Cabins and Castles will process the following details:
• First and Last Name; Title (Mr, Mrs etc.);
• Email address;
• Your telephone number;
• [Social media account information];
• Your address;
• IP address;
• Phone ID;
• Payment and billing information, e.g. bank account, payment card or PayPal details;
• Company name (if applicable);
• Business registration number (if applicable)
We also receive information from third parties we work with. This may change, but mainly includes:
• our partners who provide online booking and payment services through our Website
• marketing service providers (e.g. companies that run marketing campaigns, social media agencies
Cookies and other similar technologies
How do we use your personal data?
We only use your data for the purposes for which it was collected and, where relevant, to meet legal obligations. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
Performance of agreements with Guests:
To provide you with the Services, we process your information for example to manage enquiries and complete Reservations and to facilitate payments.
to support you in your use of our products and services before, during and after any Reservation.
Customer engagement and communication:
to communicate with you via email, SMS text or other electronic media for instance on service‐related matters, such as invoices. Other instances where we engage with you include confirming the opening of an account, Reservation reminder text messages, resolving complaints, and asking you to take part in one of our surveys.
to send you information about those of our products and services and those of other companies (in so far as you have consented to this) that may be of interest to you, by email, SMS text or other electronic media. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing related purposes.
for example, this includes cases where we must comply with requests from competent authorities, administrative obligations and in cases involving legal disputes.
Improving and personalising our products and services.
We use your personal information to improve our products and services. Clicking behaviour and search results on our website can for instance help us to prioritize or identify new product features.
Maintenance, development and incident management.
If you experience issues with one of our products or services, we may need to process some of your personal information, such as your name, address and contact details, in order to resolve the respective issue. We may also use your personal information in relation to certain system development processes, for instance if we move customer data to a new database.
General business process execution, internal management and management reporting:
for general business processes, including for archiving, insurance and other administration related purposes, management reporting or processing in relation to audits.
How do we share your personal data?
We share your personal data with third parties such as Guests, other Hosts, suppliers (e.g. hosting, customer care and marketing facilities), and other partners. We share your information:
• To the extent necessary to operate our business, to provide you our services, to complete any related transactions and collect related payments, to provide customer care and to communicate with you in connection with our services. Where you gave us explicit consent to do so; • If we are legitimately requested or obliged to do so pursuant to law enforcement,
• To enforce our agreement with you;
• To enforce our rights towards third parties, or to defend ourselves against any third‐party claims or allegations;
• To protect the security, integrity or safety of our Services.
Where is your personal data processed?
Your personal data is mainly processed by our staff in the United Kingdom. For hosting and maintenance purposes your personal data is located in the United Kingdom.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected, or as long as is required pursuant to law. If the arrangements between us cease, we will remove your personal information without undue delay except for information that we are obliged to keep pursuant to law. For instance in order to meet statutory administrative retention obligations, we need to keep some of your account related information (e.g. copies of invoices/receipts), for six years. Data may be retained longer in cases where it is used in relation to a legal claim or is used in relation to a valid legal process.
Accessing and managing your personal data
You can request a copy of your personal details that we hold or request a restriction of processing of your personal data or to object to processing at any time.
Lawful basis for data processing
We only collect and process your personal data when there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis we rely on in this respect includes:
• Contract: the processing is necessary to perform your Service contract;
• Legitimate interest: for example, i) a legitimate commercial interest to process certain of your personal data, e.g. for running our business and the purposes of certain forms of direct marketing and profiling; ii) if there is a legitimate interest from business or security perspective, e.g. to prevent fraud or abuse of our Services, or for purpose of network and information security of our IT systems;
• Legal obligation: the processing necessary to comply with a legal obligation, e.g. the legal requirement to keep administrative records for a certain period of time, or the legal obligation to share certain data on a police order for criminal investigation purposes;
• Public interest task: the processing necessary to assist in tasks in the public interest;
• Consent: where you gave us explicit consent to process the data concerned, for example ‐ if applicable ‐ to share your data with partners or other third parties for commercial purposes. If you have given your consent to the processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, by notifying us and we will discontinue the processing of your information upon receipt of your withdrawal.
Questions, concerns and complaints
Please contact Customer Support with any queries. For further information about data protection or if you are concerned an issue has not properly been resolved, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority ICO:https://ico.org.uk
TYPES OF STAY
Terms of Service
T: 07773 789 863